Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Monday, February 13, 2012

Psycho womb baby at 15 weeks

I am not sure if because this time around I am always eating sweets...but this baby is ACTIVE! When Dex was in my belly, he always was hanging out at the bottom of my uterus....sleeping. He was never being difficult for the ultrasound techs. This baby is ALL OVER the place. It's funny that two different people have done ultrasounds and both say the same thing, "I'm trying to get a read on the heart, but it won't stop flipping around!" (heartbeat was 147 today, eventually)
Today the baby kept crossing it's legs, and we couldn't get a great view of the genital area. Soooo...I gotta be patient and wait four more weeks. BUMMER!
Little baby did wave a lot though!
The pregnancy is going well, and I like to eat a lot...I don't get full very easily. I wake up in the middle of the night pretty thirsty, but now I keep a cup near the bed.
My hips hurt on and off. Picking Dex up makes them burn. Just an ouchy pinching burn feel. I have been trying to let him walk everywhere...but sometimes he just wants, "up!".
Every time I ask Dex if he wants a baby boy or baby girl, he always says, "baby girl". When I asked him what was in my belly yesterday, he said, "yucky"...(whatever.)
I saw Dr. Sheikh today, and he was so nice. (If ever there was a doctor I love..this is him!) He was at the hospital when I had Cora. He was wonderful, and had great bedside manner. I remember he was testing me for the fetal fibronectin(sp?) test...and it wasn't good, and he was really kinda about telling me. Anyway, he was around for Dexters appointments too, and now this ones. He told me today that everything about the baby looked normal, cervical length normal, fluids normal...He decided that we wouldn't do the progesterone shots unless he saw anything weird in the next visit. I am off the hook!! He said since everything was going as should be, there should be no cause for concern. I can't wait to see what my OB thinks. She thought for sure they were gonna be on me like a hawk with those shots. I bet she will be happy at least that they aren't too worried now.
This technician said I had: An Anterior Placenta/It means your baby is taking a backseat to the placenta. The term "anterior placenta" refers to the location of the placenta within your uterus. Most of the time, a fertilized egg will situate itself in the posterior uterus — the part closest to your spine, which is where the placenta eventually develops, too. Sometimes, though, the egg implants on the opposite side of the uterus, closest to your abdomen. When the placenta develops, it grows on the front (or anterior) side of your uterus, with the baby behind it. 
  
Does the location of your placenta make any difference? Not to your baby, who doesn't care which side of the uterus he or she is lying on, and it certainly makes no difference to him or her where the placenta lies. And what about to you —  or your practitioner? You might be less able to feel your baby's early kicks and punches because the placenta will serve as a cushion between your baby and your tummy. For the same reason, your doctor or midwife may find it a bit harder to hear fetal heart sounds (and it could make amniocentesis slightly more challenging). These situations will resolve if the placenta moves into a more posterior position later on (as anterior placentas commonly do). But the good news here is that, despite those slight inconveniencies, an anterior placenta in and of itself poses no risk to your health. 

The tech said that I am super in tuned with my body since I could already feel the kicks with having the anterior location. I will agree with that.
Well that is the news from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment