Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I love my little guy


Taking care of Business


Paying the Bills
Looking like a big boy

My little guy is growing up! He has been so sweet lately! He loves his momma again! Even though he likes his space, he has been cuddling, giving kisses, and just being cute. He will grab me by the finger and take me where he wants me to go. He is now starting to do more pretending when we play. We will go in his room and he does his night time ritual on me, and puts me to bed! I really like this game because I can lay down for a few minutes! He puts the covers on me, gives me a paci, and turns his music on. (i don't put the paci in my mouth, fyi) then he turns off the light, and closes the door! He peeks in on me to make sure I don't get up, so I just close my eyes, and relax! If I get up and open the door, he says, "no no momma, night night"...so off I go back to bed. Hehe.

Tonight we were making funny faces in the mirror after his bath, and he would copy whatever face I would make. Then I told him to make up some of his own, and it was pretty cool to see him take the lead and think up things on his own.

Dex also is learning to take off his clothes by himself, and he feels pretty good when he does, but doesn't mind asking for help either! Shirts are pretty hard to get off, but he can do pants, socks, and diaper. He has been going on the potty for quite awhile now, and it's at his own accord.  No pressure over here. I just want to be more on it after Disney World. We leave Friday, so when we get home, I just might mention it more. He just pees on the toilet.

As for bedtime, I am so dang lucky. This kid has been so EASY!! I don't know if it was my adamant scheduling, or if it was just pure luck, but I feel as though I am in for trouble with this next baby. I just FEEL it. I am screwed. Dex just will walk into his room when it's nap time, and grab his stuffies and loveys, and just lay down. At bedtime when I say it's time for bed, he gathers up his pacis(we will work on taking those away after trip as well) and I carry him to bed! He says "love u momma" and I close the door. It's so sweet! I have to remind myself his first six months of sleeping sucked, since he was a "snacker"...he needed to eat every two to three hours...then when I started feeding him solids, he slept  awesome. (K, I just stuck my foot in my mouth, guess who just walked into the living room at 10:37pm? He came out to tell me that he peed in his diaper. haha. It was so cute tho! He was rubbing his eyes, saying "wet, wet". I changed him, then bribed him with an M&M to go back to bed. I wasn't sure if he was going to want to stay up after her came out. Since he never does this, I was unprepared, lol. I figure candy is always the quickest solution, don't judge.)

As for the baby and I. Still going strong. We will find out the sex of the baby hopefully on the 12th. This anterior placenta thing is very different for me. I am used to feeling my babies all the time, and this dang placenta is in front of the baby blocking lots of movement. I can feel her/him on the sides of it, and pretty low, but it is for sure very different. I don't feel very pregnant with this one. It's weird. I feel like I'm not as huge as last time, but I didn't really lose all Dexters baby weight either...so I dunno, it's all different. Since I'm not taking the shots, I feel pretty great. I just still have that one hip that bothers me at night, and after standing a bit at work today my stomach hurt a little, probably the round ligament stuff. All the norm. I will be 18 weeks on Monday. It's so funny to me! I swear I do not look like I did at 18 weeks with either Dex or Cora...it just sorta makes me laugh..I had a huge round firm belly...and my current belly is still squishy...just seems strange to me! I hope it will round out soon so I feel more pregnant.

Well, I will post after we get back from Disney World. It will be so fun going to my brothers wedding! Wish us luck with traveling with a toddler! This will be the first flight for him, and first time being in another state for a whole week! This should get interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment