Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dexter the Destroyer...gotta love him.

Since the terrible twos have struck, I shall give you a list of our most common phrases:

1.) We do NOT throw
2.) Timeout
3.) Don't throw food
4.) Down
5.) Stop
6.) Hot
7.) You will get a boo boo
8.) Ouch, don't touch
9.) Wipe that up
10.) We don't pour milk on the floor
11.) No No
12.) No more
13.) One more time, and timeout
14.) Oonnnneeee, Twooooooo, THREE
15.) That's Yucky
16.) What did you do?
17.) You being good over there?
18.) All gone
19.) Nigh nigh time
20.) DEXTER!

Those are just to name a few. He isn't really that bad, but he is tiring! Dex is always into something. Every minute of the day. While cooking tonight, I forgot to push the lock button on the fridge door, and he had already made a tiny lake....and I was turned around for like a minute. Same room even! At least he gets a towel from the drawer and cleans it up himself. The other day he found a tube of petroleum jelly on top of his dresser where his powder, etc is. He squirted it everywhere in his room. That was easier to clean than the powder incident. I never got a chance to take a picture of that because I couldn't breathe in his room...and I didn't want to hurt my inner baby.
Sooo, Dexter is talking up a storm now. It's funny to watch him mimic us. He tells the cats to get off the couch when they start scratching it...or if they jump on the counter top. He tells me "turn on lights", "turn off lights", "sit down mama", "no no go away mama", "Dada sit, play play", "Dada go sit table", "Up sky!"(that is when daddy throws him in the air) , "Up sky car!"(when daddy picks up the car with him in it), "mama fly!"(me flying him around room), "mama tickle neck!"( he loooooves being tickled), "dada boo boo eyes!"(this is when dex takes derricks contact lenses out of the drawer and he thinks Dada has to put them in his eyes because he has a boo boo),"lets go downstairs, play play!", he says "it's broken", "i see u!", "mamma chase me!", "i color on wall!" the list goes on! He's pretty funny.

As for my pregnancy. I CAN'T STOP EATING DING DONGS! I NEED SWEETS! I get to the store and I freak out in the cereal aisle. I want all the sugary ones! I have to contain it though, I don't wanna overdue it! I just settle for Honey Bunches of Oats. BORING! I have been pretty tired the past few days as well. Maybe little baby is having a growth spurt. He/She was moving around a bunch last night which was cool. I'm still waiting to be able to feel the baby all day. I only sometimes get a chance to feel it kicking around in there.

My hips still sorta suck, mainly at night. It is my left hip that hurts, and I am supposed to sleep on that side. I put a pillow under it last night and it helped a little, but since my hip is sucky, the rest of my bones are outta whack, so I end up getting really bad back/neck pain...so Tylenol has been my friend. Once I am up and about walking around helps. Bending sucks. I was organizing and doing laundry today, and just picking things up off the ground really bothers my back a lot. Oh well!

I will post belly pics when I look less pudgy and more round. I will not hurt anyones eyes by showing off my flab. Ok? Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment