Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Saturday, June 12, 2010

7 Months and thinking back...


Little man is 7 months old! Can you believe it?! Seems like yesterday I was trying to figure out what kind of personality he was going to have by how he was in my belly. I determined he was going to be a very chill baby with super strong legs. So far I am correct! He wasn't super active in my belly, but he really had some pointy toes that would kill my side. I know for a fact Cora would have been super hyper, because she was moving around 24-7.
Today we went to Frederick Meijer Gardens and had such a great time. Just being a family and walking around with each other was an amazing feeling. Everything over the past two years felt so worthwhile.
Even though pregnancy was so scary for us, it's a risk worth taking to have this little gift, our son. Through all the shots, the worry, the pain, the stress, the lack of sleep during and after...it's the risk you take to become a parent. What would have happened if we stopped trying after Cora was born? What if we were too scared to never move forward? What if we let our fears get in the way? What if I decided to wait to try again after Cora was born, being that was what my doctor ordered? What if I had decided to listen to her, which I did not, and started trying asap.....? I decided to let my body do what it wanted to do, and not what a doctor decided. I do trust my doctor, but I knew that the only way I would get through Cora's death, was with new life. I know me better than anyone else. Sometimes we have to follow nature, and our bodies...and not strictly someones orders all the time.

To my dear friends, I say this, "Don't give up, it will happen. You will also be on the other side of this one day. You will not see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but you will. Through these pregnancy hardships, losses, tears, and pain, it will make you a stronger and more amazing person..and look at life in a new light. You are not alone."
I remember after I delivered Cora, I looked at Derrick and said "I will never do this again." Who was I kidding? It took a few days before I realized we would get through this, and after going to all the adoption websites daily..and talking with Derrick. He said, "Let's just try again, if nothing happens, we will adopt, or, if we do get pregnant and everything turns out okay, we could still adopt."
I know people always say, "You are lucky you don't have to be a woman!"..but I disagree.
My heart weighs heavy for my friends. Dedicated to you.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post. Honest and wonderful! I am delighted that you have found so much happiness in being a mom and loving your little Dex, but still remembering Cora. Inspired words for sure!! Love, Abby

    ReplyDelete