Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Feels like a year went by.

So, it's been a week or so since the miscarriage. It's like we were never planning for a baby after all. So weird to switch things up so fast. We will be trying again, but not for a few months. We were going to try when we were originally planning, and hope for the best then. That loss always lingers, but like I said before, we have been through worse...sadly...It always sucks though when people are trying to plan out a family and it doesn't turn out the way you expect. Being a woman, most women know this. Everyone I know has had some sort of pregnancy loss it seems. Every woman handles it different emotionally, but I can tell you this much, any time someone has told me they have miscarried, tears seem to always come out..and that says something...It says something like this " this sucks, i'm sad, i'm angry, did i do something wrong, is this going to happen again?" ARGH. Even though one isn't that far along sometimes, I guess I have realized that as much as I tried to be strong about everything, it is horrible. I do wonder if it was a boy or girl...and stuff like that...
People keep saying how strong I am and stuff like that, and are amazed that we can think of trying again after everything we have been through. I kinda think that is sorta silly to me, because I don't think of myself like that, or strong, etc....It's just the human need to have a family I think. I know at least it's possible because we have Dex...so it's natures force I guess that keeps us wanting to try again...I do think once we eventually hopefully have one more baby, I will be DONE with the whole pregnancy thing...at least for a LOOOONG while...unless we decide down the road for one more....which is highly unlikely. PREGNANCY SUCKS. There, I said it. I for sure don't do it well, but there are some parts I like:

1.) eating a lot = awesome
2.) not caring what clothes u wear just going for comfort and people understand
3.) the sweet parking at the mall and baby stores for expectant mothers
4.) feeling your baby kick is the coolest thing on earth probably..till it hurts cuz they are bigger
5.) hubby getting meals late at night for me...wait he does that now...scratch that..
6.) hearing that heartbeat is pretty amazing
7.) ultrasounds are amazing when good.....

things i don't like:(but am willing to go through obviously...)
1.) sciatica..it blows. ouch
2.) hip pain
3.) back pain
4.) puking
5.) hard to sleep
6.) leg cramps
7.) round ligament pain
8.) braxton hicks

Well hopefully in the future we will have some better/exciting posts...till then...It's on to Dexter!

What is Dexter doing?? "Dexter is learning to talk. He is pretty good about copying what you say. Some newer words he has been saying.. "all gone", "bubbles", "boobies"(ugh my bad), "hot", "car"....He is OBSESSED with cars, car commercials, cars in the driveway, toy cars, cars in magazines, cars on his pjs, waving to cars when we are out driving....waving to cars out the window...Have I gotten the picture across to you??
Also, when we grocery shop he loves to say hi to EVERYONE. He just waves and says "hi, hi, hi" and he will wait for a response. He basically will give you a sweet smile and stare you down till you answer him. He loves seeing kids out, it's like he is fascinated by little people.

He is also in a clingy only wants me to hold him all day while I am trying to run around and do dishes or laundry, etc...or cook...it's kinda frustrating because he just cries if I put him down. It also could be because he isn't feeling well with his cold, but still...I need to get some things done!

Today it was battle over the drippy snot day. What a joyous occasion...

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy how it has only been a week but feels like so long ago... I know that feeling. I think you're right- it is a natural urge to want to try for a family again despite whatever has happened. It is helpful to have that drive keeping us looking forward when so much of the past is scary. Dexter is such a cute kid. It runs in our family, of course. lol I'm going to keep my eyes out for car stuff for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoxo it really feels like forever ago..yes our kids are ADORABLE! omg. Yes, car stuff.hehe. He LOVESSSSS them. lol

    ReplyDelete