Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

O thee that is white Formica..so long and farewell

Well it's taken some time for my brain to clear and get back to normal.. hormones not messing with me anymore. We have decided to wait on having another baby, and start the discussion again after summer. I want to get fit, have fun this summer, hang with my little man for his first summer where he will experience everything, which will be amazing to see! It will be nice to just concentrate on him, and not have to worry about pregnancy.

Also, the new salon will be here in a matter of months..or rather, a little over one month!! This is more than just a change of scenery for me. For those of you who know me well, you understand that this is a world changing experience for my family and I. Buying a business at 23, with little to no business knowledge, and having to learn the hard way how to manage people and trust mentors was quite the learning experience. There were bridges that were burned, lessons that I never thought I would encounter. Even though there was a lot of hardship that went through trying to own a business at such a young age, there were so many people that were there for me. My family helped me along the way through learning that you can't please everyone, and you can't be everyones friend as a boss. Although, I love my staff and consider them my friends, and would do anything for them, they still understand our business relationship as well.

This new place is sort of like my own fresh start. It has taken a few years to get to this place where the salon is at today. I couldn't wish for a better staff. The support, the comradery, the trust, it's just finally here. The vision that I have been searching for, for my salon, is finally here. What better way to show them my appreciation, then to have a salon for all of us, a fresh new start, that WE make our own. We will emanate ourselves through this new salon, not someone else's vision from 30 years ago. See ya white Formica, bye bye!

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Can't wait to step in there...and to sell my stuff there, too. Lol seriously though, so happy for your new place!

    ReplyDelete