Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Sunday, February 20, 2011

ruh roh!

So, I am starting this post sitting here being 6 weeks 1 day pregnant. We just found out the day before Valentines Day, and it was sorta a shock to us. We shouldn't be too shocked, but in the past 13 months we have not gotten pregnant, so we assumed we were in the clear like 95%...Anyway, enough with the TMI...

Basically I decided to take a test since I was on day 36 no period. To my SHOCK, I was preggo, and we weren't even trying. (again, don't judge) I was pretty freaked right away and started saying "SHIT" a bunch of times running down the stairs to Derrick who pretty much assumed I was pregnant. We didn't do much that day but avoid eye-contact. We were sorta in denial and pretty outta it. Derrick decided to make Chelsea and I a feast, and we tried to talk about random stuff at the table...The rest of the night, I had to call a few close people and have them calm me down. (Obviously I was hormonal! :) So, after that I felt a lot better.

The next day Derrick and I went out on V-Day for a celebratory dinner. (We of course went to Branns so I could get my crab topped tilapia)...We finally let it all sink in, and the excitement was finally there. How cool to have the kids close together so they can play and perhaps be close as well. Maybe even hang out a lot. Who knows. I am also writing to keep my mind off the impending ultrasound March 10th. The first trimester is so scary! What if they don't see anything? What if something is wrong? I don't have many symptoms right now, is everything ok? I am so excited now but I hate that lingering "what if?" I am trying to keep my cool, but it's hard to talk about the baby yet, not knowing if everything is ok.

Will we finally get the little girl we were planning on the first time....Will we get another little boy, and start making plans for a soccer team? Will we have twins?? All we can know for sure, is pretty much nothing yet! Derrick told me I better not have twins, so if that does happen, I am gonna tell those kids what daddy said! ha ha. Anyway, let's see..I am hungry a lot so far. Thirsty a lot...a little emotional...sore boobs..That is about it. Not sick yet or anything. Also a little tired, which is to be expected while chasing a 15 month old around. I should really be napping right now...which I still might do..Writing this is also helping me avoid posting it on FB yet, although most friends know already anyway. Who knows. I will wait and go to the doc first. Ok, that is all for now. Naptime

No comments:

Post a Comment