Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Toddler Mayhem

Well, my awesome toddler is a crazy person. I turn my head for two seconds, and he is into trouble. Whether it be from finding powder and pouring it all over his room, pouring my red gatorade onto my cream carpet, or grabbing all the clothes out of his closet and making the carpet unable to be seen. Mommy has a short fuse these days, so I think I have to put the gate back up again and corral him. Now that he isn't in a crib, I don't have a spot to keep him safely if I need to get things done. A toddler is an interesting little person. They are too young too know something might be dangerous, but old enough to get into everything dangerous...For instance...my dishwasher. I have to make sure to have it unloaded while he is running about because he can open it, and their are sharp knives that could be easily taken out to play with...We have to remember to push the lock button on our water/ice dispenser or we will have a river in our kitchen, we can't leave anything out because his toys are not as fun as our technology, wallets, purses, keys, cups, food, etc.....(He kinda reminds me of our ferrets from back in the day...they stole everything too) I forget that he can open almost anything now, like bottle tops...hence why the gatorade was dumped...I forgot he could open that! The most important thing to remember, is NEVER EVER leave crayons anywhere he can reach...Or he will color on the house.

Being the laid back parents that we are, we foolishly let our child draw on the walls in Derricks man cave, because I have started a mural down there, that I have not yet finished....but we let him color on those walls...yet, how do you explain that THOSE are the only walls you may draw on? We didn't think that far ahead...oh well.

Little guy still sucks at eating. Talking to other parents makes me feel better at least. Recently a friend told me their kids live off corn dogs and pancakes. I was like, "sweet, dex lives off waffles(aka wabbies) " Actually, here is the list we feed him that he will eat( it's not too bad, but veggies are a no go)He eats: waffles, oatmeal(although lately he is bored with it), yogurt, cheese, all flavors of applesauce, goldfish, nutragrain bars, peanut butter and jelly, melon, grapes, bananas,oranges..(he's a fruit guy),french toast, sliced ham or turkey when in the mood...pizza(always)...dry cereal, grilled cheese,cream cheese and jelly toast,  ham and cheese sandwich when in the mood, chicken patty(when in the mood)...That is pretty much it off the top of my head. The thing is, with the whole "in the mood stuff" i usually end up having to throw food out, or it ends up going to waste in the fridge. One day he will like something, and then the next turn his nose up to it. I barely introduce new foods anymore because of how much food is wasted. It sucks to make something you think he is gonna like, and then tell you "it's yucky".

Dex has a huge sweet tooth. It all started with the potty training. M&Ms, were the start of it. He loves CANDY. The potty training came to a halt when he got bored with it. He is starting back up again only going on it once or twice a day. He will go on command. For instance, if he has a dry diaper, one of us will say, "go on the potty" and he will go. Or before he gets in the tub I make him pee in the potty. I try to tell him it's gross to pee in the tub so he will go on the potty before hand. He usually goes right before bed too. I don't push it, but I wanna keep him a little consistent....He should be outta diapers when this baby comes. Scratch that, He WILL be outta diapers by then.

Big boy bed was a success, that was one easy hurdle at least. The next hurdle is getting through this pregnancy. It's been a fairly boring pregnancy which is completely amazing. I haven't had any of the aches and pains yet, though I know that will come soon enough. Aside from the normal morning sickness, and fatigue....all has been well. I barely feel pregnant. I'm not freaking out as much as I did with Dexter. I think it helps that I have had zero bleeding, and I am  too occupied with Dex.

I'm not getting an at home doppler this time, so I think that means I am handling it ok. With Dex I checked for a heartbeat every other day pretty much. I had the goo and everything to rub on my belly. My next ultrasound is Friday, and that will put me at ease more if everything looks ok. I will be almost 13 weeks by then. My weeks change on Mondays. So I am 11 weeks and 6 days today. Tomorrow is the big 12. Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment