Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My baby is "1" in a few days!!!

It's been ONE YEAR?! What an amazing one it has been. I can't believe how much joy one little boy could bring to so many families. Through loved ones passing away, this little guy kept minds cheerful, and positive. Through huge life changes, this little guy kept everyone going. He doesn't know it yet how much he has changed all our lives, but as he gets older, we will share it all with him.
A friend of mine used to say to me, "You will never understand the love of a mother to her child, until you have your own"...being my stubborn self, I was like "Well, I love YOUR children, Leeanna! :) " and then...I had one, and was like "Ohhh....I see..."..that whole overwhelming feeling of love that fills you up, and spills out your ears, down through your toes.I get it now.
The first time they wrap their little arms around your neck and give you a hug. The first time they open their eyes and look up at you when they are first born. Holding their little hand, and them trusting you implicitly. Being that person who comforts them, when actually it is them who is comforting you. Being so proud of every moment, even if it's just them pointing at an object and understanding what it is. It is more than that. It's just pure love.
Even our little Cora changed our lives. She would be two years old this December. Babies are such a blessing. She will be talked about always. How can I not? I gave birth to a little girl, a daughter. A little girl who "I" knew, and bonded with in those almost 6 months of pregnancy. Dex will know he had a sister, and it's nothing to be ashamed to talk about.
Love to my babies.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much time has gone by already! I'm sure it is going to go even faster very soon.

    ReplyDelete