Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Monday, October 11, 2010

Looking forward to the new year


It's been awhile, but Dex is almost ready for his 1st birthday! He is making us so proud with taking his first steps, and just being the best little boy we could ever ask for. The last few months it has been amazing watching him grow. From eating all sorts of new foods to pulling himself up onto everything in sight, and getting across the whole living room on two feet. We love his curly hair like his dad, and his blue eyes like...hmmm...no one has eyes like him!
Next year we have three out of state weddings, and we get to take Dex to FL and CA. We have another wedding in CO, but we will leave Dex home for that one. It will be his first time at Disney World! I know he probably won't remember when he gets older, but he lights up when he looks at ceiling fixtures or door stoppers... So imagine how much he will get to take in at Disney! I am nervous about taking him on a plane since he doesn't like to sit still...that should be interesting...He for sure got Derricks genes there.
Derrick has been doing great at work, and has recently had to travel for work once a month for about a week. Dex and I miss him, but manage well with help from both Grandparents. I work three days a week currently, and manage to fit in all of my clients. It's a blessing to be able to be with my son the rest of the week.
We are very excited to meet cousin Wes soon, and have a lot of joy to look forward to in the next few months. I am also thinking of my friends Laurie and Errick and their battle with Cancer. I know that "Trudy" will be shrinking away with each and every day!
With that being said I would like to say that I am also thinking of all of my family right now and Grandma Helen. She is an amazing woman, and we are sending her our love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I saw your comment on Erin's blog entry about the Make your Halloween Mean something that had the donation thing for CDH. I'm the mom she was talking about. I just wanted to answer you and let you know that yes, my son is doing fantastically, though I have friends with CDH babies who aren't doing well at all. But thank you for asking.

    ReplyDelete