Cottage Life

Cottage Life

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ode to Yoga pants

I just wanted to express my deepest devotion to stretchy pants. I guess I am tired of people dogging on people who wear pajamas out in public. Personally, I love to be comfy all the time. Going to the bar in sweat pants and a sweatshirt, hell yeah.

Yoga pants are worn to make women feel better about their ASSets. They can smooth out a flabby stomach, or perk up a saggy butt. Ya gotta have at least 10 pairs of these things if you have young kids. You will be spit up on, peed on, boogied on, and pooped on. These things get dirty quick. Ya gotta have a back up. Also, you will be on the floor playing with your kids, changing diapers, and running around trying to do laundry or dishes. Wearing jeans in this in between losing weight phase is a big no-no. Plumber butt will always creep up on you while you are sitting down.(since you forgot how old you are now, and low rise is a thing of the past). They are just not comfortable while you still have a muffin on top, and did you really go buy a new pair yet, before you lost your desired weight?? I'm thinking, no.

Maternity pants are a big YES, even 7 months after giving birth. Hell yes I still wear them. I am not ashamed. I am not the 2% of people that look like super models after they give birth. I am friends with everyone in the 2% range, though, and I applaud them, and want to feed them cheeseburgers and fries....but am happy for them, sorta.

Living in work out gear will tend to remind you to work out, at least. I found that I love going to the gym. If anything, I get peace and quiet outside of my house, and it is super relaxing. Don't get me wrong, I do work out there, but sometimes I do just think about bringing a book, and hanging out in the locker room.

Did not think it would be this difficult to lose the weight after baby #2...or 3 or technically #4. I keep having to remind myself..I gave birth 3 times, and one miscarriage. This body needs some serious work! (plastic surgery work, that is) I have nothing against that! If things still aren't looking up to par in the next few years...Boob job here I come!

You make think I am superficial, but guess what? I totally am. I would love to look like the old me again from 5 years ago. After having kids, things surely change, and it's hard to get used to. People are so annoying, no offense..."you look great!" "what, you don't need to lose weight?!" lol. Please. (I am guilty of saying this to others as well..but seriously, they look amazing..you know you do!)

So, the yoga pants shall be worn until things start getting firm. They have been my best friend, and I will keep them around as long as needed.

If you have a pregnant friend about to give birth, skip the lotion and body wash gift, get that girl some dang yoga pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment